Sunday, September 30, 2012

Postpartum

An unexpected result of having surgery has been pretty intense emotional swings and a growing sense of social anxiety.  I can't even go to the grocery store without getting all tense and freaked out, then I come home to nap it off.

I was quite confused by the new me, until my friend Sabrina made a stellar point:

"I had postpartum after two of my children," she said. "It sounds like postpartum."  Which makes sense when you think about endometriosis.  It is, essentially, a million little estrogen producers littered throughout your body.  Take those estrogen producers away (i.e. have them surgically removed) and overnight your hormone levels are different.

Certainly my estrogen levels are healthier now than previously, but it's taking my body a minute to get used to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment