Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

"We're 30, we have iPhones, and it's the last Saturday of 2012." - My bff
It snowed in my town yesterday - a town in SoCal that doesn't get snow.  That kind of sums up my year: different and unexpected.
  • I turned 30 and my Georgia bff flew out to surprise me at my 80s-themed bday party.
  • I decided to have, then had, major abdominal surgery.
  • I had my appendix out.
  • I went back to school...something I swore I'd never do.
  • I had a pain-free period for the first time in over a decade.
  • I met 4 new nieces and nephews.  (They're awesome, btw.)
  • I learned CSS, HTML, and JavaScript...something else I swore I'd never do.
  • Two friends from long ago and far away (literally) came to Cali for a visit.
  • Another friend from early college converted quite unexpectedly to Christianity.
  • I had a gift of French wine and French cheese for the first time in 7 years. 
  • I got a smart phone.  Yet another thing I swore I'd never do.
  • I deleted facebook.
  • The furthest I traveled was to NorCal.  Me not traveling in a whole year...that's a record!
And on top of all that I stayed home on New Year's Eve with a corn pack on my feet and a heated blanket.  You may stay up to ring in the new year if you want, but I'm an early-to-bed kinda girl myself. :)  Here's to a good 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the recap - quite a year!

    Love you!

    God is GOOD!! Here's to what He's up to in 2013...

    ReplyDelete