Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bekah Trumps All


There's this guy named Mr. Snowman. In reality he's probably a woman, just like our cat Mr. Tumnus was really a girl. But his name is Mr. Snowman nonetheless. My sister Bekah* and I have this joke where we hide him for each other. The best I ever did was empty her room of all furniture while she was away. She returned home to Mr. Snowman standing alone in an empty bedroom. The best she ever did was this weekend. So I'm waiting for Dr. Cook to come into the consultation room. He knocks on the door, peeks his head around the corner and says, "Rachel? I think I ran into someone up here** who knows you!" I was confused - why would my name even come up between my doctor and some random person living in Los Gatos?  Then he pulls Mr. Snowman from behind his back.  I died.

How am I ever gonna beat that one?

*The sister who started the fundraiser and who lives on the other side of the country from me. 
**My doctor is 300 miles from where I live.

3 comments:

  1. In the expression my sister-in-law commonly uses, "VICTORY!" It was about time he had a good appearance somewhere again. Loved the story of how Mr. Snowman surprised you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how did she swing that? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I LOVE this. and I love you! I hope you're well. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I started a Facebook event for my birthday asking all 1,000ish of my friends to contribute $22.00 to your surgery (because I just turned 22.) I was so happy to see that a few people did it! I hope it helps. Miss you and love you much!

    Katie Hillstead

    ReplyDelete