Sunday, June 24, 2012

Of Wedding Cakes and Government Insurance

This weekend was a good reminder of why I'm getting surgery. Months ago I volunteered to make my friends' wedding cake. They're young and fresh out of college and I like to do that for people who don't have tons of cash. So they're getting married today. And sitting on the cake table is a gorgeous cake with gorgeous flowers that I poured probably 15 hours of my life into and I desperately hope they like it.

But I'm not at the wedding I was supposed to attend. And my dad had to drive me there and stand by my side while I set up the cake. And the cake itself looks different from what the bride and I discussed. Because. Because yesterday, cake-frosting day, I unexpectedly started my period and was laid up for hours and was crying in the bathroom half the night and have been hugging my heating pad to my body as if to let go would be to lose my soul.

 I don't want to miss anymore weddings.

----- 

PCIP: Pre-existing Condition Insurance Policy. This is a government insurance policy I was told about recently. I applied, was accepted, and they'll be coving about $10,000 of my surgery expenses! What a blessing from our sweet God. My sister Bekah will be changing the fundraiser to reflect the new projected cost of the surgery, so stay tuned for that. I'll still need somewhere between ten and fifteen thousand from my end, so if you're still thinking of donating please do! And thanks to those who already have. As strange as it sounds, I can't wait to have surgery!!

(PS I'll post a picture of the cake sometime.  Right now I'm going back to my heating pad. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment- and prayers! I hope your surgery is the end of your pain and what a blessing you will be even more to others when you can operate on all cylinders (all month long!).

    ReplyDelete