Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Heads or Tails

I've always rushed headlong into life without stopping to catch my breath and never had a hard time making a decision; I know what I want, I go for it.  Then life got messy and I had to go to the ER for my endo and I suddenly realized that I'm not invincible and my "life is a grand adventure and I can do anything I set my mind to" mentality flipped, like a coin, to "I'm too sick to even commit to doing dinner with you tonight so let me go hide in the closet for a while".  I find myself internally backing out on decisions I've made for myself. Two days ago I was sold; today I want to run back into the secure arms of the status quo and pretend like I've always wanted to be there.  I hate being this old while being so completely dependent on my parents...yet at the same time I never want to leave their house, never want to work for anyone else, and always want to act like I'm 14.   I don't like this post-ER me.

Which is why I should buy a motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment