Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quick Update

I am alive.

:)

I don't know the full details of the surgery, as I was super drugged for a day and haven't met personally with the doctor yet.  He gave the information to my mom, but since she hasn't been reading up on and obsessing over endometriosis surgery for the past 5 months she doesn't really remember what he said.  What I do know is that:

- They took my appendix.  This was planned, because at the pre-op he said they often run into this problem with women with endo where their appendix bursts and the woman just thinks it's the endo/healing from surgery.  Scary!  So they took mine, which was good because it was "huge" and snaking around surrounding organs.  I was probably very near a burst appendix and, knowing me and my family, would have just tried to suck it up and live with the pain.  It coulda killed me.
- There was a lot of endo on my colon, as I already suspected.  I think he got it.  Mom can't remember, she just remembers he said there was a lot of "scar tissue" (endo) there.  But he's a good doc and obsessed with getting it all so I'm sure it's gone.
- One of my ovaries was swamped in endo and now it is clean and fresh.  Ready to drop eggs and make babies.  Any takers?

Aside from that, my incision points barely hurt.  The most painful thing has been the leftover CO2 (they blow your belly up) that hasn't fully worked itself out yet.  I keep giving my family members the "privilege" of massaging it out of my shoulders, where it likes to rest.  They've been more than affable about it.  Alright, that's it for now.  I'm a bit more coherent today than I have been, but my attention span at the mo is like that of a 5-year-old, so I'll post again after my appointment on Monday when I have more information.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm fascinated that CO2 needs to be massaged out of one's shoulders. Hope that pain will soon be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're alive and wow, it was everywhere!

    ReplyDelete