Sunday, August 5, 2012

Two Words: Bowel Prep

On Thursday of last week I was going to start a juice fast.  I have to go all liquid the day before surgery and can't eat certain foods (like beans or red meat) for a few days leading up to it, so I thought, why not?  I have to do this nasty bowel prep the day before surgery anyway (12oz Magnesium Citrate, 4 laxatives, 1 suppository, 2 enemas), so why not get my colon ready just a few days sooner?  Make the bowel prep that much less painful?  Explosive diarrhea isn't so bad if there's nothing to explode.

But I'm a stress eater.  Not a sad eater - if you break up with me I'll just lose 10lbs and be hotter than ever .  An I-just-quit-my-job-so-I-could-have-surgery-and-go-back-to-school-sweet-Jesus-where-am-I-gonna-get-an-income-in-two-months-? eater.  Which is why I just finished an Udi's Gluten-free Pizza and two So Delicious Coconut Bliss Ice Cream Bars (seriously...like eating a giant frozen Almond Joy...)

Wouldn't it have been great if I had stuck to my juice fast on Thursday?  Pressed in to the Lord and drawn comfort from Him?  Mm?  Yeah...well, as the French say, "Tant pis!"

So...TOMORROW!  TOMORROW!  I love ya, tomorrow... tomorrow I'll start my juice fast.

1 comment:

  1. Precious Rachel...
    all is grace!

    I had to look up "tant pis!" to make sure you weren't cussing!

    love you....
    Dee

    ReplyDelete